Dani Alves released from prison pending appeal after paying €1 million bail

Davi Alves
By SoccerSat Team
Dani Alves has paid €1 million in bail to be released from prison while appealing a rape conviction, a Spanish court said Monday. Alves, who will have to hand over his passports, is expected to be released later Monday. Last month, Alves was found guilty of raping a woman in a nightclub in December 2022 and sentenced to four years and six months in prison. He denied wrongdoing during the three-day trial.
The 40-year-Old had spent the last 14 months in prison, 45 minutes from Barcelona, since he was detained as a precaution by the authorities investigating the rape allegations against him. Last week, a court granted him the possibility of leaving prison on bail, after all his other previous requests had been rejected because he was considered a flight risk. The judges were split into 2-1 on last week's decision, with those in favour of granting Alves bail saying they believed the flight risk had decreased. Spain’s state prosecutors in Barcelona asked the court to reconsider that decision.
On Friday, they said they believed the risk of Alves fleeing had increased after he was found guilty. They wanted Alves to remain in jail pending his appeal. Prosecutors also reminded the court that Brazil does not extradite its citizens while they are being sentenced in other countries. No date has been set for the appeal hearing at a high court in Barcelona. After that, the case could go to Spain's Supreme Court in Madrid. Alves' lawyers are seeking his acquittal, while prosecutors want his jail term increased to 9 years. The victim's lawyer wants him to serve 12 years.
Related News
Regretful Red Devils: The Unfulfilled Potential of Alvaro Carreras at Manchester United
August 15, 2025
Manchester United's decision not to sign Alvaro Carreras, now a key player for Real Madrid, is causing regret among club officials. We explore the reasons behind this decision, its impact, and the potential success Carreras has found at the Bernabeu.
Liverpool's Last-Ditch Effort to Retain Ibrahima Konate Amid Real Madrid and Barcelona Interest
August 15, 2025
This article delves into the ongoing contract negotiations between Liverpool and defender Ibrahima Konate, with Real Madrid and Barcelona reportedly interested in his services.
Manchester United's Potential Signing of Carlos Baleba: A Comprehensive Analysis
August 14, 2025
Manchester United are considering a move for Brighton & Hove Albion's Carlos Baleba, with Roy Keane offering a warning about the player's potential transfer. This article delves into the background of the two clubs, the midfielder's recent form, and the implications of such a transfer for both teams.
Manchester United's Pursuit of Carlos Baleba: Six Alternative Midfielders Under Consideration
August 14, 2025
Manchester United are prioritizing a move for Brighton's Carlos Baleba, but have six alternative midfielders in mind. We delve into the background, significance, and potential impact of these potential signings.